Elfego Salazar began serving Albuquerque families with his son, Frank A. Salazar in 1918. Now four generations later, the Salazar name is synonymous with care and dignity in the funeral service industry.
The original funeral home was located downstairs in a building at 315 South Third Street. In helping families deal with the loss of their loved one, Elfego offered his skills as a carpenter building caskets. Frank was in the funeral business with his father-in-law at a time when Funeral Directors were known as Undertakers. Frank pursued his advanced training from Worsham Training School for Embalming and graduated in June 1921.
In 1946 a new building, including the Floral Chapel, was constructed at the current location of 400 3rd Street SW. The architecture was designed in the art-deco style which was popular in the 1940's. After World War II, Frank was joined by his two sons, Paul J. Salazar and Lester E. Salazar, who were veterans. Paul and Lester pursued advanced schooling from the San Francisco College of Mortuary Science. Paul graduated in June 1947 and Lester in 1948.
Louis V. Salazar, began his apprenticeship under his father, Lester, during high school in the late 1970's and earned the title of a funeral service practitioner in 1990. He attended New England's Institute for Applied Arts and Science, where he earned his degree in funeral service, graduating cum laude. He worked with his father until 2004, when he and his wife, Gloria, opened Reflections Funerals & Life Celebrations. Today they continue to service families at Reflections Funerals and Life Celebrations and Salazar Mortuary.